Asbestos refers to a group of naturally occurring mineral fibres found in rock. Though no longer widely used commercially, asbestos was used for decades as an insulator and fire retardant in homes and other buildings. Asbestos poses a health risk if the loose fibres are inhaled.
At KCT Building Systems, we are properly trained and certified in the abatement and safe removal of asbestos products. As per WorksafeBC it is mandatory that any renovation , residential or commercial, that is pre 1990 be tested for asbestos.
More information regarding asbestos and its potential health risks can be found at HealthLink BC.